5.30.2014

a word about "wong womens"

serving as young women's president is like having a second family of sorts.  i take care of them just one small notch below the care i give to my own family.  just ask dolly, my tag along, who plays house by "going to wong women's and cooking for wong women's and giving gifts to the wong women's"  or ask my kids whose summer to-do list consists of recreating all the fun activities done in young womens.  with graduation, i've reflected on the other family i take care of as 3 of them leave young women's this summer.  i've had so many blessings from serving my second family- my 'wong women'.  personal progress has helped me identify and make goals on areas in my life that needed a dusting; teaching the girls to lead has helped me spot areas in which i can give more autonomy for my own kids; of necessity, i have learned to be spontaneous almost regularly and with much greater ease; and i have enjoyed genuine friendships with much younger spirits who i call on frequently for advice.

The family history themed Amazing Race


synchronized swimming routines


Mission Possible YWIE


1 comment:

JLJ said...

Fun activities!! Synchronized swimming? That is hilarious. I can tell you are a great leader. It's been good for me to be in YW and get a glimpse of "the next phase." And I agree with you about YWs making me rethink some of my parenting habits and goals. Lucky Wong Women to have you!