2.15.2016

"here mom, here's your note"

words of affirmation is the love language of the girls.  so periodically, i try to remember to cater to that.  (after all, kindin has drawn me pictures since she could hold a crayon.  and now she sends me texts with subject lines titled 'hey skinny girl')  i can relate to their tastes!  i keep a file of the notes, texts, and emails i've treasured over the years.  so, the other day, after watching old home videos, i wrote these notes attached to their favorite candy. 
Dalia,  I love that video of you as a baby not just because it's funny but because it shows how you have always been so good at keeping up with your older brother and sister.  Heavenly Father must've known how smart and adaptable you'd be.  I love our fun Fridays and i appreciate how you truly have grown up to be my little helper.  

Kindin,  Watching those old videos of you and your sweet voice had me realizing just how special your spirit has always been.  From the day you were born,  you have been sensitive,  kind,  and full of gratitude.  You are a wonderful example to your brother and sister and dad and I rely so much on that- because of your obedience and desire to do what's right,  everyone at our house wants that too!  I love you so very much.  


as a mother, what you do for one, you do for all... (love language or not)
Jack,  Watching those videos of you as a baby had me remembering just how much I have always loved you.  As a baby,  your smile was just as wonderful as it is now.  And you have a fun but safe sense of adventure just like your dad that I admire!   It truly is a joy to be your mother.  I love you my Mr Jack!  

immediately after reading his note, jack thanked me and said, "here mom.  here's your note."  ready to give his away without another thought, affirmation is clearly not his love language.  


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your squishy babies have all turned into gangly kiddos! I love you all so much.