1.06.2017

the universal currency (2016)

proof that gum, not money, is the universal currency:

The kids have been earning allowance for years.  I assumed that their impulsive gum getting was just a honeymoon period or some sort of developmental phase.  But I've been proven wrong over and over again.  Despite relative open access to my personal stash of gum, one can predict that on the 15th of every month, you'll see me with 3 kids in tow buying gum at the grocery counter! 

I often pick up gum for Kindin when she babysits for me - she's ecstatic every time!  

As Christmas approaches, the kids are stammering to find each other presents.  Without question, the tradition is to get each other gum.  And without fail, they each love it!  (Christmas 2016 will be no exception.)

 


No comments: