9.26.2017

and then she knew that you could become homesick for people too (8/2017)

These ladies right here! They were my saving grace during my young mother years.  They taught me how to mother, how to thrive in an otherwise flawed environment, and how to giggle through it all!   We've all left Laveen and life moves on without them- and often without noticing- that is, until we gather again.  I'm so grateful for my party planning friends who insisted we meet up for 4 days on Catalina Island.  We toured the island on golf carts, dabbled in snorkeling, held karaoke and dance parties, and laughed for days.   It wasn't until i left them (with tears in my eyes) that I realized that I'd been homesick for them!  I'd missed Tamra's candid conversing; I'd miss Jill's talent for fun; I'd missed Holly's left-brained flexibility; I'd missed Amanda's sheer goofiness; i'd missed Julie's quiet determination; and I'd missed Katie's psychoanalytic prowess.  So lucky to have these ladies right here!



No comments: