4.10.2023

letters from home 6/22

The For Strength of Youth camp suggested that a letter from home might be a nice gift for my campers away from home. I penned the tender feelings of my heart with hopes that they knew that they were exactly where they should be. And held a prayer in my heart that they would have a great time. While there, we received updates that mayo was in good supply and that they were making new friends. And upon return, we heard stories of running in hidden undergrounds and making megabeds. (pictured below with friend and "sibling" Hudsen)

Hi Kindi, 

Wanted to tell you how much I love you. You have a bright light about you that everyone looks to. You somehow manage to be cute and confident and smart and kind and fun and athletic. Others are drawn to you because of these qualities and how you shine. I also wanted to tell you how much I love my Savior. It's no secret that my testimony has been challenged recently; however, I know that consistent effort and standing in holy places is where Christ meets us with open arms.  I love Him. I love you for who you are as a daughter of God. I'm proud of you for standing in holy places. 


Hey Hants, 

Wanted to tell you how much I love you.  You are a light in my life - I absolutely love your humor. You have such an easy way of making me giggle. And you've done so since you were a baby. Lately, I have admired how willing you are to learn and grow - you have overcome some tough trials and succeeded at SO many things - I'm convinced that you are stronger and smarter because of it. I have also enjoyed seeing your work ethic come out strongly and am amazed at how much you've saved. I truly love the man you are becoming! I also wanted to tell you how important my testimony is. Being committed to church activities and good friendships there - as a teenager - was the beginning of setting my course. It influenced my choices and kept me from going down dark paths. And it kept me committed to seeing what opportunities God had in store for me instead of giving up or settling. (In fact, church activity and friends in the gospel continue to help in the same ways today.) I have a testimony that the best way to find your unique course is through Christ and that the church provides holy places and special companionships in your commitment to do so. I see you doing that again and again and know that you'll be blessed for your desires and effort. I am truly proud of you.



No comments: