8.28.2012

'parties' FILED

while unpacking the office, I’m dejunking papers that sit in filing systems never referenced.  but there was one file I just couldn’t throw away... it was labeled 'parties'.  I love throwing a party.  I love hosting friends who engage in general silliness with us and I especially love planning a party with my hubby.  please allow me to electronically document some party fun and party friends from the past.*

the office trivia party was a blast for like-minded friends.  Dundee awards were given; appeteasers (chilis themed foods) served; flonkertin relays played (a coffee mug filled with water relay) and an awards ceremony (complete with yogurt lid medals); and of course prizes to include a homemade candle, stapler in jello, and fake springsteen tix.

 

a few baby showers- the 50s themed I love lucie party for an upcoming with the same name; a double the fun open house for twins; and a co-planned baby relay race with many contestants pregnant themselves.


 
a competitive match of battle of the sexes (lake powell edition) - ie. what is the assigned buoy for the houseboat? who has the oldest lifejacket?


a half birthday party for friends with overlooked holiday birthdays with half a minute to win it games and a variety of half used, half wrapped, or split in half gifts.



 a couple years of easter fun with easter egg hunting and party games for the adults as well.
 

 
the dinner murder mystery is perhaps overdone but always a blast! with a hawaiin theme, all guests got a mug shot in their super creative personalities, dined with caution tape décor, and had magnifying glasses for super sleuthing.




dave's own partying desires make up where i lack- adult halloween costumes.  every year he makes us dress up for halloween whether i like it or not!
 
I threw a super cheesy party for the big cheeses in my life who share an august birthday- complete with a cake shaped like a cheese wedge.  here we are with a few cheesy pics in the photobooth.



dave and I’s party planning began while serving as activity committee chairs in our byu married ward.  we held a dodgeball tournament (in honor of the movie); our heptatholon event was quite laborious but tons of fun; a get costumed Halloween party in which all who entered were given a costume; and a valentines activity complete with the newlywed game.

 
a quick nod to fun kids themed parties- they are so open to overdone cutesieness!

 
 
and every fabulous cardclub planned itself!
 

 

 *disclaimer: this post does NOT include the outhosted awesome parties i was invited to!

4 comments:

Elisa said...

Ooh! This makes me want to plan and party right now!

Anonymous said...

Makes me wish I moved into the ward a few years sooner :)

Mama Megs said...

This gave me the biggest smile! Such fun memories and yes, you are the queen of the party! I learned so much from you! Call me back :)

JLJ said...

What great memories! I'm too full of hormones to not think of those great times without choking up. I did not know you and Dave had been activities chair - I would have loved to be at that Dodgeball party!