8.08.2013

i was wrong

alright, i was wrong. I.was.wrong! I have wrongly avoided lengthy road trips with the kids!  with no airport in close proximity of bear lake and a family of 5 to transport, our most recent bear lake reunion necessitated a dreaded 2 day drive!  despite some very big nerves ahead of time, dave was pleasantly shocked that my anxious alter-ego 'travel mandy' wasn't in attendance.  and we both were surprised that the backseat generally looked like this:


after years of racing to flights, enduring airport waits, stressing over compact entertainment, and stuffing suitcases, I get it now and I was so wrong!  our road trip afforded loose and generous packing without added cost and weight guessing!  our road trip allowed for traveling on our own schedule without the fret of tardiness or threat of delay!  our road trip offered privacy without the scrutiny and proximity of unknown passengers.

and best of all, our road trip provided flexibility and avoided rigid point A to point B itineraries.  I even had a tiny bit of wiggle room to catch up with one very dear friend. 
 


AND, in honor of our 10th wedding anniversary this year, we returned to where it all started. (stay tuned for that post!)

I've digressed... point is, i was wrong!  our road trip was so much fun! we loved our time at bear lake (see pics below) but also enjoyed getting there and back!



 
 

 

 
 

3 comments:

lindsay said...

So when are you driving out to NY to see us?!!!

JLJ said...

I hope no one got hurt in that sprint for the frisbee! It looks like you guys should have worn pads and helmets! Also, is Dave sporting a blond mustache? See the pic of him carrying Dolly out of the lake.

Looks like it was a fun week. I'm so glad you had the flexibility to see me. It meant the world to me :)

DP said...

No mustache JLJ, I think it's a grimace cause I stepped on a rock.