8.14.2013

jack's first day

jack's first day of school was filled with: plenty of anticipative worry (even a dedicated fast wondering if I should hold him back), dalia's disorientation ('time to get jack?' after the gym), shopping therapy (wandering target for way too long), and tears at lunchtime (sure that despite a hefty breakfast, he was starving).  but relief came when I saw him after school.  he was happy.  he was confident.  and do I dare say his speech was pressured talking about school rules, PE games, and recess!?  and, best of all, he was hand in hand with his older sister!!  (who discretely mentioned she'd just saved him from walking past their designated meeting spot)
 
 
 
 
 
(isn't she so caring, sensing, and poised to be discrete on his very important first day of school?  love the heck out of this 2nd grader!)    

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, I know in my head that Jack isn't 4 anymore, but really? Kindergarten? Sigh.

lindsay said...

What a great big sister! We start in 2 1/2 weeks and I can't wait!

Renee said...

Such beautiful smiles!! Can't believe that they are that old.....dang-it! Love you all so much!