1.30.2014

becoming strong

kindin comes from a long line of worriers and she has certainly inherited the worry gene.  lately her nervousness has been at an all-time high (i.e. avoiding multiplication tables in school, waking with bad dreams, and insisting on drs appts to ensure she's cancer free) and helping her through it has really had me contemplating weaknesses.  in the Book of Mormon, we are given a simple promise that through Him weak things will become strong.  given the nature of weaknesses, I'm certain the process is more complicated than what's given in scripture.  I think I can safely hypothesize that as we faithfully wait, a loving Heavenly Father gives us strength indeed not only to overcome but also increases our strength in other talents as a sort of compensation.  and I've seen this with kindin.  as she becomes strong, she shines with strength.  she is a nurturer, an organizer, is wholeheartedly willing to obey, intelligent, and full of integrity.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, sweet girl! I think, too, that sometimes the closeness to Heavenly Father that inevitably comes as a result of our humility and dependence on Him has the power to give us strength much beyond our capacity to even understand it. Give that cute, amazing girl a squeeze from me.