5.14.2023

and to think, all i wanted was a boat (12/22)

We were recruited for a commercial on the boat ramp at Saguaro lake. Not interested in opening myself to public scrutiny or even just the public eye, I wanted to say no. But I looked at my daughter who desperately wants fame and said maybe. After checking legitimate credentials, I had no choice but to say yes. And it was unnerving but incredible! Not only a fun, unique experience that I never thought I'd have but a crowning moment from years of dreaming. As a kid, I always wanted a boat and knew I'd find a man who could get me and my kids on the lake. As able, we carefully prioritized opportunities to be on the lake together. And as needed, enforced it as family time. Typically, all want to go because we make it fun but sometimes we've fought teenage angst. Shooting a commercial was crowning in that it validated a move cross country and also recognized the dreams I'd always had of having a boating family. Besides also nodding to the fact that we were doing an OK job of it! In that moment, many years of dreaming culminated with reality and I whispered to Dave, "and to think all I wanted was a boat". It was a perfect opportunity! 

On shooting day, the kids were enamored with the 'greeking' required and being served food like celebrities. We were shot with drone footage, cameras on the boat and a pantoon boat beside us. We ran the same sequence over and over in order to get 'the perfect shot'. And although air and water temp were 50 degrees, we were all paid and the kids skipped school for it. All with no need for a "bio break".






Many Mesa locals have spotted our commercial - some have questions and we're relieved to explain but others don't and it's an odd feeling for it to be the first impression of us. But it was such a good time!

No comments: