5.14.2023

Kindin's AZ angels (2/23)

Since summer, Kindin has had severe abdominal pain monthly with periods - missing a full day of school every month and experiencing anxiety. November was proving to be the same, complicated by a flu shot the day before. I encouraged fluids, water, and quick rest before becoming a bit more stern about returning to normalcy. Kindin was hunched over and resistant to suggestion; by 1:00, she was screaming to go to the dr. That's when i knew she needed to go in. We went to urgent care who sent us to the ER. unsure if there was anything to stress about, we sat in the waiting room for hours. Tests were finally completed at 11 pm and confirmed an appendix infection. The hospital was overflowing and we were told that her surgery wouldn't be until the morning. It was a very long and scary night. My mother prayers were more fervent than they'd ever been - both for safety and to keep my head about me. Ultimately, I felt like we were sitting ducks hoping to make it through the night. Kindin was in so much pain and only getting worse. They kept pumping her with morphine which I didn't want but felt there was nothing more we could do. Surgery prep started at11:00 the next morning and I sat in a puddle of tears in the waiting room hoping that all was ok. The dr reported that her appendix did in fact, "leak" but that she should heal just fine. I feel like we both had superhuman strength through the night. And we were blessed with humor through it all too. Some of her best quotes in that 24 hr period:

What if they discover that appendix is helpful in a few years? 
- If I sneeze with my covid test,  I will freak out!
- I'm going to be high soon - the game Never Have I Ever is going to be so much more fun now. Never have I Ever forcefully had my bladder filled up, Never Have I Ever been high, Never Have I Ever been without an appendix
- My head feels kind of bouncy
- "I don't believe you" after surgery and lifted up her gown in front of everyone in disbelief. Then fretted, "They did it on the wrong side!" when seeing where her scar was. 


While delivering Christmas caramels, I got a call from Kindin who reports that she was just hit in her car. I heard a loud-mouthed male on the other end of the phone and felt so fearful. Kindin said, "there's no damage to the car but we pulled over and I don't know what to do." I was less concerned about the accident and more concerned about her personal safety. I called David to respond as quick as possible but half terrified, I find myself driving to the scene as well. When arriving, I kept eyes on the scene but circled waiting for Dad to handle it. Somehow, there somehow wasn't any damage to her car!?  She later told the Swig worker that she must've been protected because, after all, she and her friend were on the way to the temple lights. Thankful for angels who somehow provided a bubble of protection for her and her friend that night.

I received a scary text from Kindin from work, indicating that there was a break-in after hours and that her and 2 coworkers were hiding in the backroom with crashing noises out on the sales floor waiting for the police to arrive. With it being Superbowl week in Phoenix, I was terrified that the police wouldn't get there soon enough. David was unreachable so I blindly jumped in my car - thinking about how I could intervene on the way there. Luckily, a police officer arrived just ahead of me whose arrival scared off the intruder. The girls came out to discover tables knocked over and inventory thrown around. So thankful that the intruder didn't harm any of these girls and for police who responded quickly!  

No comments: