9.29.2010

the magical vortex playlist

i can have a fairly poor memory but there does exist a magical vortex that awakens my past; however, this miraculous moment happens quite rarely.  entering this vortex involves sneaking into stover girl's room at night to steal her princess-decorated cd player and finding enough personal space to blare my old musical cds.  here's a few memories awakened from my playlist tonight (not really a 'playlist'- if they literally were, i wouldn't have to excavate them and perhaps i'd have a fairly good memory) :


1. i found a mixed cd labeled 'justin's mix' with classics such as happy trails by van halen and here comes your man by the pixies that reminds me of my music mentoring brother.
2. sitting at a sundance concert with a fairly random mix of people during my college years listening to 'call my name' from peter brienholt while staring at the stars and the mountains.
3. when i was in middle school, i was caught buying the REM out of time album at the local drug store by a boy i liked who was more of a guns n roses type.
4.  any counting crows song was the music i often played to prepare for 2 AM psych evals in the emergency room.

No comments: