9.15.2010

messy was no exaggeration

stover missy and stover man just began a 'messy art for minis' class and their art teacher really does mean messy business.  the kids were happy to paint with glue and make footsteps with tempura paints; however, i have to admit that stover mom felt a bit challenged by it all.  helping two children complete 4 messy projects each in the space of 45 minutes was challenging.  keeping my children from getting others messy (ie. fancy clad moms) was challenging.  having only my own personal stash of baby wipes and access to water as clean-up measures was challenging.  (and don't get me started on the challenge of letting go of clinical judgement while observing some children unwilling to participate.)

5 comments:

lindsay said...

haha! but at least the kids look happy!

christy said...

that sounds like so much fun for the kids! i'm sure my david would love to be able to do something like that. i'm with you on keeping the mess contained.

Julie said...

I love their blue feet! Looks like they had a blast!

Jill said...

Hey--their artwork looks better than my cards for card club :)
I bet they just love this class! Sooo fun!!!

Christen said...

Mandy! I love that you have a blog. Sneaky, sneaky ... :) So glad we're living in this desert heat together and you can share all your wise secrets. Skye loves Kindin and can't wait to play again!