2.21.2013

that sold as is house

our house in phoenix sold.  the unique stresses of a crazy housing market made for some very mixed feelings about that home.  overall, we were grateful to begin putting the house behind us but as we sat with the notary, i couldn't help fight back tears while signing the papers.    
that sold as is house was so overwhelmingly good TO us.  it was a nice, cozy place to start our family.  it was situated in a ward full of lifelong friends who have shaped our lives for good.  and it was a unique experience in the desert that we'll always treasure. and that sold as is house was so overwhelmingly good FOR us.  it sat in an area with never-ending opportunities to appreciate and enjoy missionary work.  far away from family, we better discovered the blessings of relying on eachother as a couple. and the difficulties of the housing crisis will forever play a part in broadening our perspective. 
with teary eyes, i searched through almost 6 years of photos and found one of our first and one of our last pictures of our sold as is house: 


 
  

6 comments:

Jennie Ellison said...

:(

lindsay said...

We are in AZ right now and miss seeing you!

Unknown said...

good gravy, are you trying to make me cry, too?? on another note, no wonder jack misses the dirt so much! :)

JLJ said...

A good house that hosted lots of playdates, dinners, parties and was the perfect distance for borrowing onions and meeting for walks. I miss your house too!

Cortni Stokes said...

I got your message about ditching the keys, but to be honest I haven't yet because I can't bring myself to do it. I was secretly hoping you would come back and need the keys again:). I guess this post provides closure and I can try to bring myself to get rid of them. We miss you guys but your new house looks very fun!

Renee said...

What great memories you made in that home! And now, onto new ones in a great place! Love you all!