2.04.2013

those old familiar feelings

the closer kindergarten gets for jack, i'm reminded of those old familiar feelings.  the yucky 'i don't want this little one to leave my nest' feelings.  i had an equally hard time letting kindin go and there's no fooling myself that it was only a first child phenomenon.  when i think about jack starting school too, i get myself in tears.  it seems he and i are just beginning to understand eachother now that he's mature enough to: express his feelings, help around the house, and invent fun games with his sister.  in this moment, i pushed back those old familiar feelings and instead ran for the camera because i know in 6 short months, there will be much less time for fixing the vacuum.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

In some ways, my second was harder than my first, for those exact same reasons! (But having just one at home...well, that's a phenomenal feeling.) :)

Shirley said...

Wow, I didn't realize that Jack was that close to kindergarten already! Time goes by so fast!