4.24.2020

guilty of gussied up parties (4/2020)

Mom is guilty of gussied up parties and spring is THE party season. It can start as early as Valentine's day - if I'm crazy enough to throw a galentines celebration and always includes cute Valentine's. Then, birthday season commences and even though I tell myself that this is the year that I won't throw another birthday party,  I do. (It's a love language I'm sure Gary Chapman missed.) I'm often the Easter hostess. We HAVE to participate in May Day for the sake of tradition - even though ring doorbells are making anonymity tricky. I also host favorite things every year with my friends. And then there's always the last minute last day of school gatherings.







With orders against gathering in spring 2020, what's a mom to do to show her love? 

Kindin had zero expectations of gathering or celebrating and I surprised her with a family 'Nailed It' theme cooking challenge. She was extra surprised that I'd also disseminated supplies for the same projects to her best friends so that they could join in on the fun. 



Dalia had expressed interest in having a science party but knew that was off the table months ahead of her birthday. She was jazzed to have an afternoon of experiments with us as a family. And the icing on the cake wasn't literally on the cake but rather the juice bar as a fun treat. Dalia mentioned numerous times that she was might have enjoyed her quarantine birthday better than any others.





Can't wait to dream up something for Jack too!

No comments: