5.03.2022

family history - she is doing it (9/2021)

Dalia was asked to share a condensed family history story for the primary program with the prompt "Someone in my family tree". Reaching really high into the tree meant that she felt a tiny bit disconnected from the story but I pulled out pictures and Grandma Eichmann filled in some memory gaps. As a child, I was present for this first picture when we visited Lucille's little family home with my great grandmother (her sister). The home was proudly advertised as the oldest in the city with a wood burning stove for heat, 2 rooms, dirt floors, and an outdoor bathroom stall. Lucille far outlived her brother who she took care of so I wasn't ever able to meet him. Dalia grew some interest and shared the following details for the congregation: 

"Someone in my family tree is Lucille O’Brien. She is known for taking care of her brother Dean, who was disabled, and she lived a very modest life without much money. Lucille’s home even had dirt floors!" 




No comments: