5.03.2022

the skinbeard miracle (2/2022)

It had been 6 months of unrelenting skin problems. Finally, after a correct diagnosis, I still felt impressed to fast mostly because Jack was in so much pain - both psychic and physical. 


After a day into the new rx trial, Dave and I started with an opening prayer and I had the distinct impression, "This isn't it!". The discouraging words came to my mind and I really hoped it wasn't a spiritual impression. I wanted to be wrong and thought it was strange timing. I verbalized it to Dave and said, "I hope I'm wrong but this is so discouraging." I originally thought it was an impression about the rx and how we'd have to try yet another drug to clear his ringworm. But by Tuesday, I wondered otherwise when an otherwise ignored mat rub on his leg (also from wrestling) became concerning. I could see that it wasn't healing as it should. I treated it like I would any other infected spot by spraying with antiseptic and putting as little bacitracin and bandaid glue as possible for 2 nights. (So as to avoid one of his many allergic reactions) and, of course, took a picture. 


While David was certain it was an allergic reaction, I was growing more and more concerned. I kept taking pictures and soon knew we had a pretty significant bacterial infection that was spreading. 

After all of the Dr appointments we'd had, I had to prove my inclinations and searched thoroughly until finding this picture of what the burn started as. I knew that this is what would get us the help he needed right away. 

Afraid he might end up in the ER if it didn't clear quickly, I stayed home from work on Friday to find the help he needed. Equipped with pictures for proof, we were prescribed medicine right away and, thankfully, the antibiotic started working quickly. In addition, his antifungal continued working and his ringworm began healing. As his face healed, it continued to be painful and became very tight as it dried up. His sluffing chin earned its own nickname of 'skinbeard' at school among his friends. He endured many embarrassing days at school but it became a little miracle at our house.  We discussed his modern-day miracle while studying Jacob who figuratively wrestled for blessings from the Lord during his time in the wilderness. Jack also endured significant trial but we all felt the lord was still with him- even though he wasn't protected from the trial. On one occasion, everyone was crying - including dad and mom who were so grateful for an impression to be vigilant!

No comments: