3.29.2014

location, location, location

I must admit that while I have always been extremely grateful for our home, I can't say that I LOVED our house.  when we first saw our home, i definitely got that feeling- you know, the this is the one feeling.  and that impression persisted despite some cold feet symptoms.  but i have to admit, almost immediately after moving in, I got this cheated feeling.  I found myself upset about the problems made by a previous negligent owner.  and i'll shamefully admit that i spent the first year and a half in this mindset.  (don't get me wrong, there were a few quirky things to legitimately complain about: the dog-scratched wood flooring under the kitchen table, the permanent, bright pink footprint on the bathroom floor, layers of oil-based paint in various hues of the rainbow on the walls, etc...  on the other hand, if said previous owner had anything to do with the 19 ft windows and the lovely whirpool bath and the spacious backyard and garage, then i say thank you!)  but little by little, we've whittled away at the concerns and my feeling of ownership has increased.  and I've come to love our home.  and I've discovered that much of its charm lies in its location, location, location.  daily, I find myself grateful that the kids walk just 3 very safe blocks home from school often.  I delight that errands to walmart, target, (and chipotle) are a half mile from my home.  i adore that the lake is a quick walk away.  and I am comforted that every one of our medical providers is within a 10 minute drive! 

     

1 comment:

Elisa said...

We are looking at homes in Seattle and I need to remember this post while we are shopping around.