1.20.2022

he's our bishop (1/2022)

As the trauma of the first 2 years wears off, I can better appreciate the kind of bishop Dave is. 

He is a very efficient and responsive bishop. He will drop anything to ensure that no one feels ignored. I often found him like this getting ready for a meeting.


He is the perfect guy to trial the dual call as both bishop and YM president. Although it can be overwhelming to juggle, he much prefers ministering to youth as opposed to the adults with weightier matters. (And he especially loves his own youth!)



He shows by example that his family comes first. Even when and especially when things were tough! There was a meeting or two that he canceled in order to help me through overwhelming panic. Without skipping a beat, he continued being a fun and nurturing dad - even on Sundays! (all pics taken on a Sunday for proof!) 



He was willing to forego some formalities just for the sake of tradition. (suitcoats, facial hair) And he allowed me to sit in on some special moments as the "obispa". He was willing to consider a less patriarchal approach - and I'll never forget him reassuring me that he'd rather have me overstep in my role than shrink as a result of it. Our entire family was able to partake in special moments because of this.


He navigated the never-ending ambiguity of COVID with decisiveness - willing to take caution and care but also omit nonsense rules and appearances. (Seen here with a mask during the first year of COVID but unmasked for the second year.) 


What I always knew was that he'd continue to have a talent for fun that is readily apparent. He proves that accountants can be pretty carefree dudes.


No comments: